About The Grounds Guys
Tim van Stralen and his nine brothers founded Sunshine Grounds Care, a landscape maintenance business, in 1987. In 2010, they teamed up with The Dwyer Group to use the experience and knowledge gained in running Sunshine Grounds Care to create and franchise a new company: The Grounds Guys.
The Grounds Guys® is a full-service grounds care company. Our established systems allow us to deliver industry-leading solutions to commercial and residential clients. Built on a family tradition of caring, The Grounds Guys are driven by a passion to exceed the expectations of our customers.
Why The Grounds Guys®?
An Award-Winning Landscaping Franchise
The Grounds Guys offers a one-of-a-kind franchise opportunity for motivated entrepreneurs who are interested or experienced in the landscaping and lawn care industry. Our established systems, recognized brand, and values-based culture will give you an edge over competition and provide career flexibility. With an executive business model, you can lead your team and nurture a recurring customer base year-round. Meanwhile, you’ll get some sunshine and help customers achieve beautiful outdoor spaces.
We deliver residential and commercial services such as:
– Lawn maintenance
– Outdoor lighting
– Snow and ice management
– Pest and weed control
– Holiday lighting
The Benefits of Ownership
The Grounds Guys owner appreciates a business model that creates revenue with an ongoing consumer demand, in both residential and commercial climates, by way of multiple service verticals.
PLUS, unprecedented support from The Grounds Guys Corporate office:
– Comprehensive ongoing training and support: Our Sure Start training helps prepare you for many aspects of operations from how to manage your finances to how to operate the equipment. A dedicated Franchise Consultant will be assigned to you from the very beginning, and support will include site visits and regularly scheduled calls to advise as needed.
– Registered trademarks and a designated territory: We make sure you are protected.
– Marketing: Superior marketing strategies and support that leverages our nationally recognized and respected brand name along with an extensive customer database collected from our local family of Neighborly® home services brands, to provide you with the most effective marketing strategies and tools possible.
– Web: Leading web presence, national and customizable local website, bold online social media presence, national search engine optimization (SEO) strategy, and online reputation management support
– IT: Full software training and IT support
– Nationwide networking support: Over 245 fellow Grounds Guys franchisees to consult with, plus the opportunity to gather at Regional and National Conferences.
Josh Sevick, Brand President
2010 (11 years)
Total Number of Units
188 (as of 2020)
Part-Time / Full-Time
How Much Does It Cost To Open A The Grounds Guys Franchise?
There are several costs associated with opening a The Grounds Guys franchise. There is typically a franchise fee set by the franchisor, which covers the costs of opening a franchise location. Some other commons fees include equipment fees, marketing fees, licensing fees, insurance, and taxes, to name a few.
Some franchises may have a weekly fee that the franchisee pays for operating a The Grounds Guys franchise. The weekly fee for opening a The Grounds Guys franchise is License Fee Due On The Wednesday Of Each Week.
The full breakdown of these fees can be found in the Financial Disclosure Document (FDD) provided to franchisees by the franchisor. The FDD report will contain additional information such as whether the franchise is renewable (The Grounds Guys Is Renewable) and does the franchise offer financing support (The Grounds Guys The Grounds Guys has relationships with third-party sources which offer financing to cover the following: franchise fee, startup costs, equipment, inventory, accounts receivable, payroll).
The Grounds Guys Company Details
Here are some additional details about The Grounds Guys.
|Veteran Incentives||15% off minimum franchise fee|
|Term of Agreement||10 years|
|Run from Home||No|
Training and Support Offered By The Grounds Guys
The Grounds Guys offers several support options to its franchisees. With 188 (as of 2020) units, The Grounds Guys aims to provide support to each franchise owner to help them operate a successful franchise location. The Grounds Guys offers 192 hours on the job training, 60 hours classroom training, and National & regional meetings additional training.
Training and Support Offered
Here are the support options offered by The Grounds Guys.
|On-The-Job Training||192 hours|
|Classroom Training||60 hours|
|Additional Training||National & regional meetings|
Is The Grounds Guys Right For You?
The Grounds Guys has gone digital! Here are all of the ways you can find The Grounds Guys online. Oftentimes, you can reach out to current franchisees of The Grounds Guys online. Current franchisees may be able to offer personalized insights into what it is like owning a The Grounds Guys franchise and offer tips to running a successful The Grounds Guys franchise location.
Why Should You Start a The Grounds Guys Franchise?
Investing in a Home Services franchise such as The Grounds Guys can kickstart your franchise portfolio. Our goal at Why Franchise is to provide you with the resources needed to be a successful franchise owner. Fill out the form below to get more information about The Grounds Guys franchise and we'll be in touch soon!