About Studio 6
The first Studio 6 opened in El Paso, Texas, in 1998 with the transformation of an existing Motel 6 into an extended-stay concept. Franchising since 1999, Studio 6 offers furnished rooms with work areas and kitchenettes. Today, the Studio 6 portfolio comprises more than 100 properties, located in key markets such as Atlanta, Dallas, Houston and Seattle.
The extended stay segment consistently outperforms U.S. hotel averages. Studio 6’s limited lobby hours and limited service equate to greater profits. Studio 6 is uniquely positioned in the upper economy segment. We have a dedicated business-to-business sales force that is centrally managed and nationally deployed. Our field sales agents are tasked with expanding our penetration in the business-to-business and group business segments. Studio 6 is a Platinum Founding Member of the Asian American Hotel Owners Association.
Products & Services
Studio 6 extended stay hotels offer the affordable comfort of furnished studios, low weekly rates and accommodating hotel amenities. You will find Studio 6 locations in the United States and Canada conveniently located in major business complexes, offering easy access to shopping and retail centers, entertainment areas, and many restaurants.
You will find Studio 6 locations conveniently located in major business complexes, but still offering easy access to shopping and retail centers, entertainment areas, and many restaurants.
With growing locations nationwide and in Canada, Studio 6 hotels offer accommodations in major commercial destinations that are perfect for travelers in need of temporary housing.
Studio 6 features comfortable sleeping areas, fully furnished kitchens, and the amenities you need to make your time comfortable during your transitional housing stay. At Studio 6 extended stay hotels we will do everything we can to provide for an enjoyable and comfortable temporary housing stay, we want you to feel at home and a part of the family.
Why Studio 6?
With over 40 years of expertise as an owner/operator, franchisees have an opportunity to benefit from Accor’s unique understanding of ownership and the ability to deliver results in a competitive environment.
– Demand for extended stay and suite accommodations is on the rise and opportunities are available in ALL states.
– Capitalizes on Motel 6 awareness (signage and marketing). Directory listings in the Studio 6 AND the Motel 6 directories.
– Studio 6 properties are cross-promoted on the popular Motel 6 website in addition to the Studio 6 website. Over 60% of the people who visit the Studio 6 website come from the link on Motel6.com.
– Average occupancy of 72% with a weekly nationwide average rate of $250 in 2006
– Cost of operation provides a better ROI than the “typical” motel. Limited hours, limited service = greater profits.
– Average length of stay: 12 nights
– Studio 6 is a superior value for the budget conscious traveler needing accommodations for 5 or more nights.
– Room Sizes: Single studio is approximately 16’X19’ – Double studio is approximately 16’ X 22’ Initial and ongoing training at the Accor Académie.
– Buying Power – through ANA Procurement, including our online Accor Marketplace System, at no cost to our franchisees, E-pro provides franchisees the convenience of one-stop shopping for all their furnishings and supplies. Franchisees also earn rebates when they shop with our nominated suppliers.
– Pet Friendly
ASPIRE Diversity Incentive Program
G6’s commitment to increase underrepresented minority Franchisee ownership and enhanced operational support is our competitive advantage in Diversity ownership efforts.
– Discounted Initial Franchise Fees
– Reduced Royalties throughout the duration of the Franchise Agreement
– Key money towards new constructions and conversions
– Key money subject to minimum economic thresholds
– Assistance with identifying a pool of talented GMs
– Enhanced training and immersion for GMs/Owners
– Dedicated Regional Director for Brand Operations Support
– Dedicated Sales and Revenue Management Managers
Rob Palleschi, CEO
1999 (22 years)
Total Number of Units
146 (as of 2020)
Part-Time / Full-Time
How Much Does It Cost To Open A Studio 6 Franchise?
There are several costs associated with opening a Studio 6 franchise. There is typically a franchise fee set by the franchisor, which covers the costs of opening a franchise location. Some other commons fees include equipment fees, marketing fees, licensing fees, insurance, and taxes, to name a few.
Some franchises may have a weekly fee that the franchisee pays for operating a Studio 6 franchise. The weekly fee for opening a Studio 6 franchise is Royalty Fee Due Monthly Upon Invoice.
The full breakdown of these fees can be found in the Financial Disclosure Document (FDD) provided to franchisees by the franchisor. The FDD report will contain additional information such as whether the franchise is renewable (Studio 6 Is Renewable) and does the franchise offer financing support (Studio 6 Studio 6 offers no financial support).
Studio 6 Company Details
Here are some additional details about Studio 6.
|Parent Company||G6 Hospitality|
|Initial Investment||$20,000 - $30,000|
|Veteran Incentives||$1,500 general-manager training fee waived|
|Term of Agreement||15-20 years|
|Run from Home||No|
Training and Support Offered By Studio 6
Studio 6 offers several support options to its franchisees. With 146 (as of 2020) units, Studio 6 aims to provide support to each franchise owner to help them operate a successful franchise location. Studio 6 offers No on the job training, 30 hours classroom training, and Annual convention additional training.
Training and Support Offered
Here are the support options offered by Studio 6.
|Classroom Training||30 hours|
|Additional Training||Annual convention|
Is Studio 6 Right For You?
Studio 6 has gone digital! Here are all of the ways you can find Studio 6 online. Oftentimes, you can reach out to current franchisees of Studio 6 online. Current franchisees may be able to offer personalized insights into what it is like owning a Studio 6 franchise and offer tips to running a successful Studio 6 franchise location.
Why Should You Start a Studio 6 Franchise?
Investing in a Travel franchise such as Studio 6 can kickstart your franchise portfolio. Our goal at Why Franchise is to provide you with the resources needed to be a successful franchise owner. Fill out the form below to get more information about Studio 6 franchise and we'll be in touch soon!