About Massage Envy
We’re the leading name in massage, and collectively, across franchised locations, Massage Envy is America’s #1 skin care provider. While that may describe us, it doesn’t define us. At its core, the Massage Envy franchise network is a community of artists, healers, and wellness professionals united in one purpose: helping people feel their best through regular massage and skin care so they can do more of what they love. And with entire teams to help keep schedules full and treatment rooms ready, massage therapists, estheticians, and stretch providers in Massage Envy franchised locations get to do more of what they love, too.
Join a growing movement with the brand that does it best
1. Steady revenue & membership model – Massage Envy has a consistent, predictable, and recurring revenue through its membership model.
2. trong national member base -The self-care movement is growing and so are we. Massage Envy has a strong national member base.
3. Industry leading average unit volume – Massage Envy has a strong average unit volume in the industry – a business of $1.19M. *As per our current FDD.
4. Largest market share – We are the first and largest massage and spa franchise in the world, with over 1,100 locations.
5. Strong support & structure – Profit coaching and robust reporting structure focus on unit level economics.
6. Retail & growth opportunities – Take part in retail growth opportunities that exist through partnerships and global skin care leaders.
A FRANCHISE THAT STRIKES YOUR PASSION – Massage Envy pioneered the membership-based, recurring-revenue massage and spa experience in 2002. It’s now one of the largest franchises in the industry, with over 1,100 locations. If your passion is taking care of others, become part of a growing market for massage and wellness.
Support you need & the training you want
The Massage Envy brand has more than a decade of success allowing us to fine-tune our process through an industry-leading management team. Massage Envy strives to ensure the highest standard of operational procedures to help you maximize profitability.
– Online training & webinars
– Custom management software & financial admin tools
– Real estate site selection assistance
– Massage therapist recruitment support
– Professionally designed marketing materials
– Third party lending sources
Beth Stiller, CEO
2003 (18 years)
Total Number of Units
1,152 (as of 2021)
Part-Time / Full-Time
How Much Does It Cost To Open A Massage Envy Franchise?
There are several costs associated with opening a Massage Envy franchise. There is typically a franchise fee set by the franchisor, which covers the costs of opening a franchise location. Some other commons fees include equipment fees, marketing fees, licensing fees, insurance, and taxes, to name a few.
Some franchises may have a weekly fee that the franchisee pays for operating a Massage Envy franchise. The weekly fee for opening a Massage Envy franchise is Royalty Fee Due On The Day Of The Week As Specified By Franchise Owner.
The full breakdown of these fees can be found in the Financial Disclosure Document (FDD) provided to franchisees by the franchisor. The FDD report will contain additional information such as whether the franchise is renewable (Massage Envy Is Renewable) and does the franchise offer financing support (Massage Envy Massage Envy has relationships with third-party sources which offer financing to cover the following: franchise fee, startup costs, equipment, inventory, accounts receivable, payroll).
Massage Envy Company Details
Here are some additional details about Massage Envy.
|Parent Company||Roark Capital|
|Net Worth Requirement||$500,000|
|Veteran Incentives||20% off franchise fee|
|Term of Agreement||10 years|
|Run from Home||No|
Training and Support Offered By Massage Envy
Massage Envy offers several support options to its franchisees. With 1,152 (as of 2021) units, Massage Envy aims to provide support to each franchise owner to help them operate a successful franchise location. Massage Envy offers 23-30 hours on the job training, 33 hours classroom training, and Ongoing additional training.
Training and Support Offered
Here are the support options offered by Massage Envy.
|On-The-Job Training||23-30 hours|
|Classroom Training||33 hours|
Is Massage Envy Right For You?
Massage Envy has gone digital! Here are all of the ways you can find Massage Envy online. Oftentimes, you can reach out to current franchisees of Massage Envy online. Current franchisees may be able to offer personalized insights into what it is like owning a Massage Envy franchise and offer tips to running a successful Massage Envy franchise location.
Why Should You Start a Massage Envy Franchise?
Investing in a Health & Beauty franchise such as Massage Envy can kickstart your franchise portfolio. Our goal at Why Franchise is to provide you with the resources needed to be a successful franchise owner. Fill out the form below to get more information about Massage Envy franchise and we'll be in touch soon!