About Kona Ice
Launched in 2007 as a better alternative to the creepy ice cream truck, Kona Ice focuses on serving delicious shaved ice that attracts kids and adults alike with its colorful and eye-catching truck. Kona Ice brings with it a really fun atmosphere complete with the steel drum music of the islands, and unique and delicious flavors that keep Kona Ice devotees coming back for more.
Giving back to the communities we serve is also a huge component of Kona Ice. Our company slogan is, “Shaved ice is what we do, giving back is who we are.”
To date, we have donated over $80 million to local communities. Whether it be through financial support for schools, youth sports, or the many other local charities in need, Kona Ice is proud to be helping improve communities across the U.S.
Kona Ice has been recognized by Entrepreneur Magazine’s Franchise 500 List for eight years running, rated the Top New Franchise in 2013, and regularly in the Top 25 Fastest Growing Franchises list for the last few years. Kona Ice has been consistently ranked #1 in Franchisee Satisfaction by Franchise Business Review. The Cincinnati Business Courier named Kona Ice as One of the Best Places to Work in 2015 and Entrepreneur listed Kona Ice as a Top Company Culture.
As of July 2020, Kona Ice has more than 1,300 franchises in 49 states, as well as 3 countries.
REASONS WHY KONA ICE IS DIFFERENT
– Proprietary Nutritional Product: Through Kreations Flavoring, we provide a product that meets all of the federal nutritional standards for schools.
– Ancillary Equipment: You can customize your business model with the four additional products we offer – the Kona Kiosk, the Kona Mini, the Kona Trailer and the KEV 2.0.
– Patented Flavorwave: With our patented Flavorwave, we provide a unique, self-service experience.
– Unmatched Corporate Support: You want proof? Highest in franchisee satisfaction with two different agencies since we’ve started. Hear it from our franchisees with testimonials on our website.
– Established Brand: With eight years in the industry and representation all across the country, and even internationally, Kona Ice is a well-developed and respected brand.
– Extremely Quick Startup: We’ll have you up and running in 30-60 days, guaranteed.
– Fixed Royalty: No penalties for succeeding.
– Incredibly Low Overhead: Approximately 6% food cost in an industry with an average of 32%.
– Community Involvement: With over $40 million given back, our communities have embraced us as the best fundraising tool around.
CORPORATE SUPPORT & MARKETING
At Kona Ice, we believe you should go into business for yourself, but not by yourself.
QUICK & EASY STARTUP
We pride ourselves on our franchising process. When you decide you want to start your own business, we understand that you don’t want to wait years to make that dream a reality. We can guarantee that we’ll have you in business, generating revenue within 30-60 days of your deposit.
The Kona Experience is not just for our customers. We strive to create a one-of-a-kind experience for our franchisees too. And that all begins at Kona Kollege.
Your Kona Ice journey begins with an all expense paid trip to the training program at the Kona Ice Corporate Headquarters. You’ll meet your support staff and gain firsthand knowledge in the following:
– Marketing strategies from our corporate marketing team
– Day-to-day operations from one of the largest franchises, which is housed at corporate
– Initial setup of your business & digital marketing
– No holds barred Q&A with the owner & CEO, Tony Lamb
– Hands-on training on your brand new Kona Ice truck, including a test drive on our safety course
– One-on-one training and advice from several veteran franchisees
You’ll graduate from Kona Kollege with a 30 day plan that will have you primed and ready for success. On top of your startup plan, you will be set up for multiple follow up calls throughout your first year to ensure a smooth and successful start to your business!
Everyone’s favorite feature of the Kona Ice truck is the ability to load up on flavors to their heart’s content. In a day and age where self-serve dessert is all the rage, Kona has taken that step for the mobile shaved ice industry with our patented Flavorwave.
Tony Lamb, FoFranchises Under & CEO
2008 (13 years)
Total Number of Units
1,305 (as of 2020)
Part-Time / Full-Time
How Much Does It Cost To Open A Kona Ice Franchise?
There are several costs associated with opening a Kona Ice franchise. There is typically a franchise fee set by the franchisor, which covers the costs of opening a franchise location. Some other commons fees include equipment fees, marketing fees, licensing fees, insurance, and taxes, to name a few.
Some franchises may have a weekly fee that the franchisee pays for operating a Kona Ice franchise. The weekly fee for opening a Kona Ice franchise is Royalty Fee Due In 3 Equal Installments Due June 30, July 31, And August 31 Of Each Year Or 6 Equal Installments Due May 31, June 30, July 31, August 31, September 30 And October 31.
The full breakdown of these fees can be found in the Financial Disclosure Document (FDD) provided to franchisees by the franchisor. The FDD report will contain additional information such as whether the franchise is renewable (Kona Ice Is Renewable) and does the franchise offer financing support (Kona Ice Kona Ice has relationships with third-party sources which offer financing to cover the following: franchise fee, startup costs, equipment, inventory, accounts receivable, payroll).
Kona Ice Company Details
Here are some additional details about Kona Ice.
|Net Worth Requirement||$20,000|
|Term of Agreement||10 years|
|Run from Home||Yes|
Training and Support Offered By Kona Ice
Kona Ice offers several support options to its franchisees. With 1,305 (as of 2020) units, Kona Ice aims to provide support to each franchise owner to help them operate a successful franchise location. Kona Ice offers No on the job training, 30 hours classroom training, and No additional training.
Training and Support Offered
Here are the support options offered by Kona Ice.
|Classroom Training||30 hours|
Is Kona Ice Right For You?
Kona Ice has gone digital! Here are all of the ways you can find Kona Ice online. Oftentimes, you can reach out to current franchisees of Kona Ice online. Current franchisees may be able to offer personalized insights into what it is like owning a Kona Ice franchise and offer tips to running a successful Kona Ice franchise location.
Why Should You Start a Kona Ice Franchise?
Investing in a Food franchise such as Kona Ice can kickstart your franchise portfolio. Our goal at Why Franchise is to provide you with the resources needed to be a successful franchise owner. Fill out the form below to get more information about Kona Ice franchise and we'll be in touch soon!