About Glass Doctor
Established in 1962 with one shop in Seattle, Washington, Glass Doctor® offers complete glass repair, replacement and services to the residential, automotive and commercial markets at more than 270 locations in the United States and Canada. Glass Doctor began franchising in 1977 and in 1998 joined The Dwyer Group, Inc., an international franchisor of service industry companies. At that time the company’s corporate headquarters relocated to Waco, Texas, where it remains today.
As of fall 2018, Glass Doctor is proud to be a Neighborly™ company. The Neighborly community of home service experts assists homeowners and business owners in the United States and Canada by offering a full range of repair, reconstruction, landscaping and cleaning services via brands like Molly Maid, Mr. Rooter and Rainbow International.
Our Code of Values
Glass Doctor is now one of seven service brands owned by Neighborly. Each brand shares a Code of Values to do business by, which not only outlines how we work in a professional environment, but also how we live our daily lives.
We live our Code of Values by:
– Treating others as we would like to be treated.
– Listening with the intent to Franchises Understand what is being said and acknowledging that what is said is important to the speaker.
– Responding in a timely fashion.
– Speaking calmly, and respectfully, without profanity or sarcasm.
– Acknowledging everyone as right from their own perspective.
– Making only agreements we are willing, able and intend to keep.
– Communicating any potentially broken agreements at the first appropriate opportunity to all parties concerned.
– Looking to the system for correction and proposing all possible solutions if something is not working.
– Operating in a responsible manner: “above the line.”
– Communicating honestly and with purpose.
– Asking clarifying questions if we disagree or do not Franchises Understand.
– Never saying anything about anyone that we would not say to him or her.
– Customer Focus
– Continuously striving to maximize internal and external customer loyalty.
– Making our best effort to Franchises Understand and appreciate the customer’s needs in every situation and, Having fun in the process!
Brad Roberson, Brand President
1977 (44 years)
Total Number of Units
173 (as of 2020)
Part-Time / Full-Time
How Much Does It Cost To Open A Glass Doctor Franchise?
There are several costs associated with opening a Glass Doctor franchise. There is typically a franchise fee set by the franchisor, which covers the costs of opening a franchise location. Some other commons fees include equipment fees, marketing fees, licensing fees, insurance, and taxes, to name a few.
Some franchises may have a weekly fee that the franchisee pays for operating a Glass Doctor franchise. The weekly fee for opening a Glass Doctor franchise is License Fee Is Due Wednesday Of Each Week Or A Day Specified By The Franchisor.
The full breakdown of these fees can be found in the Financial Disclosure Document (FDD) provided to franchisees by the franchisor. The FDD report will contain additional information such as whether the franchise is renewable (Glass Doctor Is Renewable) and does the franchise offer financing support (Glass Doctor Glass Doctor has relationships with third-party sources which offer financing to cover the following: franchise fee, startup costs, equipment, inventory, accounts receivable, payroll).
Glass Doctor Company Details
Here are some additional details about Glass Doctor.
|Veteran Incentives||15% off franchise fee|
|Term of Agreement||10 years|
|Run from Home||No|
Training and Support Offered By Glass Doctor
Glass Doctor offers several support options to its franchisees. With 173 (as of 2020) units, Glass Doctor aims to provide support to each franchise owner to help them operate a successful franchise location. Glass Doctor offers 8-40 hours on the job training, 88.64 hours classroom training, and Regional training meetings twice a year; webinars additional training.
Training and Support Offered
Here are the support options offered by Glass Doctor.
|On-The-Job Training||8-40 hours|
|Classroom Training||88.64 hours|
|Additional Training||Regional training meetings twice a year; webinars|
Is Glass Doctor Right For You?
Glass Doctor has gone digital! Here are all of the ways you can find Glass Doctor online. Oftentimes, you can reach out to current franchisees of Glass Doctor online. Current franchisees may be able to offer personalized insights into what it is like owning a Glass Doctor franchise and offer tips to running a successful Glass Doctor franchise location.
Why Should You Start a Glass Doctor Franchise?
Investing in a Automotive franchise such as Glass Doctor can kickstart your franchise portfolio. Our goal at Why Franchise is to provide you with the resources needed to be a successful franchise owner. Fill out the form below to get more information about Glass Doctor franchise and we'll be in touch soon!