About 101 Mobility
101 Mobility is one of the largest providers of mobility and accessibility solutions throughout the U.S.Focusing on quality and customer service, 101 Mobility is here to provide seniors and disabled individuals with professional, established mobility and accessibility solutions. With over 150 territories being served throughout America, 101 Mobility stands out as an industry leader.Seniors, disabled and special needs individuals all over the nation depend on 101 Mobility for our exceptional products, services and solutions stair lifts, auto lifts, ramps, vertical platform lifts, elevators, bathroom safety and more.
What started as a small, Wilmington, North Carolina-based company is now a nationally-trusted resource for families and businesses who want to improve accessibility within their realm. Where there are restrictions, limitations, challenges and frustrations, your 101 Mobility local team expertly designs and installs the most favorable solutions from a wide range of mobility products.
But the true power of the 101 Mobility brand is its people – the experts, the problem solvers, the trusted allies that work hard every day to deliver the best solutions and value to their clients. And they do it with sensitivity, caring and responsiveness – it’s their mission to stand by a client’s side and be there whenever they need them.
101 Mobility serves veterans, seniors, and anyone with a physical mobility challenge. One category stands out: the senior population. As the “baby boomer” generation gets older and seniors are living longer, the number of older Americans is projected to double from 40.3 million in 2010 to 85.7 million in 2050 (source).
This aging population segment is shaking up the industry as they’re living longer, more active lives. 90% of seniors plan to continue to live in their current homes for at least 10 years, choosing to “age in place” instead of moving to an assisted living facility.
The huge increase in the number of people choosing to stay at home during their later years is corresponding to incredible opportunities in the market for 101 Mobility. As the nation’s first comprehensive home mobility products seller, installer, and service provider; 101 Mobility is answering an enormous market demand.
101 Mobility: Answering the Demand
The 101 Mobility business model is a strong, effective, and time-tested one that stands out in a fragmented industry. We supply high quality, in-demand products, with access to the top suppliers. We provide sales, installation, and follow-up services that simply cannot be matched by smaller independent dealers and installers.
Plus, the 101 Mobility business model provides you, as the franchise owner, with multiple potential revenue streams: stair lifts, auto lifts, ramps, porch lifts, power wheelchairs, scooters, related medical equipment and more – for senior citizens, the disabled, and the hospitals and businesses that are required by law to provide accessibility solutions for them!
The time is right for 101 Mobility. And this could be the right opportunity for you!
Franchise Training and Support
Our top-notch support includes comprehensive marketing, training and product resources to help our franchise owners succeed.
There are countless benefits to becoming a 101 Mobility franchise owner. You’ll own a time-tested business with established standards and procedures, in your own protected territory. You can run your independent business with confidence, backed by an experienced management team. Best of all, you benefit from the professional support we provide!
Our onboarding process takes you through the steps to opening your own franchise business, including:
– Weekly Calls to answer questions and provide guidance as you work your way through our pre-open requirements.
– e-Learning Modules to prepare you with the fundamental skills and knowledge necessary to operate a 101 Mobility franchise business.
– A copy of our proprietary Operations Manual to help your operations run effectively.
– Guidance on ordering Initial Equipment and Inventory as well as samples and demonstration units from manufacturers.
– Product & Installation Training during a week-long in-person session at our home office in Wilmington, NC. You’ll become certified to install and service each of the products that we offer. This is the first half of a two-week session.
– Business and Operations Training during the following week at our home office in Wilmington, NC. You’ll learn from subject matter experts in Marketing, Sales, Operations, and more. This is the second half of a two-week session.
– On-site Start-up Assistance and periodic field visits from your Business Development Manager.
– Ongoing Training and Support
Once you open your 101 Mobility franchise, we’ll continue to provide ongoing training and support through a multitude of channels, including:
– Established relationships with mobility and accessibility equipment vendors.
– Marketing support, including an SEO-optimized local website.
– Access to our proprietary Mobilink™ software which provides assistance with scheduling, customer management, quotes, inventory and more.
– Franchise Facebook Groups where you can ask questions and share best practices.
– Weekly Newsletter to keep you updated on industry news and upcoming events.
– Bi-Weekly Support Calls where your Franchise Business Development Manager will help coach you to profitability.
– Monthly Training Webinars on a variety of topics for ongoing learning.
– Annual In-Person Employee Meetings to help optimize employee performance and productivity.
– Annual Regional Meetings for franchise owners and home office staff
– Annual Franchise Conference with a variety of training sessions, activites, and guest speakers.
There’s a wealth of information to take in when you open a 101 Mobility franchise business, and we provide the channels to help you manage it.
Mark Baker, President
2010 (11 years)
Total Number of Units
183 (as of 2020)
Part-Time / Full-Time
How Much Does It Cost To Open A 101 Mobility Franchise?
There are several costs associated with opening a 101 Mobility franchise. There is typically a franchise fee set by the franchisor, which covers the costs of opening a franchise location. Some other commons fees include equipment fees, marketing fees, licensing fees, insurance, and taxes, to name a few.
Some franchises may have a weekly fee that the franchisee pays for operating a 101 Mobility franchise. The weekly fee for opening a 101 Mobility franchise is Royalty Fee Due Weekly On Tuesday.
The full breakdown of these fees can be found in the Financial Disclosure Document (FDD) provided to franchisees by the franchisor. The FDD report will contain additional information such as whether the franchise is renewable (101 Mobility Is Renewable) and does the franchise offer financing support (101 Mobility 101 Mobility has relationships with third-party sources which offer financing to cover the following: franchise fee, startup costs, equipment, inventory, accounts receivable, payroll).
101 Mobility Company Details
Here are some additional details about 101 Mobility.
|Parent Company||Cortec Group|
|Initial Investment||$35,000 - $60,000|
|Net Worth Requirement||$250,000|
|Veteran Incentives||$5,000 off franchise fee|
|Term of Agreement||10 years|
|Run from Home||No|
Training and Support Offered By 101 Mobility
101 Mobility offers several support options to its franchisees. With 183 (as of 2020) units, 101 Mobility aims to provide support to each franchise owner to help them operate a successful franchise location. 101 Mobility offers 40 hours on the job training, 40 hours classroom training, and No additional training.
Training and Support Offered
Here are the support options offered by 101 Mobility.
|On-The-Job Training||40 hours|
|Classroom Training||40 hours|
Is 101 Mobility Right For You?
101 Mobility has gone digital! Here are all of the ways you can find 101 Mobility online. Oftentimes, you can reach out to current franchisees of 101 Mobility online. Current franchisees may be able to offer personalized insights into what it is like owning a 101 Mobility franchise and offer tips to running a successful 101 Mobility franchise location.
Why Should You Start a 101 Mobility Franchise?
Investing in a Healthcare & Senior Care franchise such as 101 Mobility can kickstart your franchise portfolio. Our goal at Why Franchise is to provide you with the resources needed to be a successful franchise owner. Fill out the form below to get more information about 101 Mobility franchise and we'll be in touch soon!